Friday, May 11, 2012

Peelers: Not JUST For Vegetables!

I love to eat apples, but honestly I hate the peels. They get stuck in my teeth when I bite in and are just all around annoying, if you ask me. I generally use a knife to peel apples, but I am always afraid I will cut myself. Then there is always that pesky fact that using a knife takes out big chunks of my tasty apple, and who wants that? So tonight as I was standing in the kitchen staring at the apple in my fridge, I got an idea. I took out the peeler that I normally use for peeling potatoes and peeled my apple. It was satisfying how much apple was left after I peeled it! My mommy wisdom has definitely helped me to think outside the box, or rather "outside the knife".

Photobucket

I know what you're thinking... "Did she really just write about peeling an apple?". YOUBETCHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment