Monday, February 21, 2011

Cloth Diapering

So the baby is 2 months old now. I was enduced on December 17, because they thought she wasn't growing enough. She was born that day and weighed 6 lbs and 11 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has her next doctor's appointment this Wednesday, February 23rd. I can't wait because they will tell us what she weighs now and how she is doing. The only thing I am not looking forward to is her next Hep B vaccination, but at least that's the only shot she needs. I'm also really excited because I just used Amazon gift cards I got from using Swagbucks to order a new cloth diaper for my daughter. She has been exclusively cloth diapered since she was about 3 weeks old and it is going well. The diapers we have most of are prefolds with Thirsties covers. They aren't hard to use, but they take a bit of time to get pinned on. A lot of people use a thing called a snappi to hold them on instead of pins, but I just haven't broken down and bought a snappi yet so the pins take a while to get situated. I can use them, but not really my favorite diapering option. When we are away from the house I usually bring gDiapers with us. We have cloth inserts for those as well. I like the gDiapers for their ease of use, though it did take a while to get used to fastening them in the back. The only negative things I have to say about the gDiapers is that the cloth insert doesnt stay flat between her legs so when I change her it's all squished and I can see the liner on either side of the cloth. Also, it's not the best for night diapering. I have only had 1 leak, but when it leaked, she had pee all over her outfit and had to be changed completely.



The only other (store bought) diaper we currently own in a Happy Heinys diaper. I LOVE THIS DIAPER. It is SO SOFT inside and I haven't ever had it leak. I have used it both during the day and at night with no leak issues.



I do have one diaper that was made by my mother that I stuffed with a prefold, but the 1st time I used it I forgot to use a cover and there was pee everywhere when she wet herself. Needless to say, I remembered the cover the next time.



Anyway, so today I ordered a Bummis Tots Bots diaper in the Flower Power pattern. It is really cute and I can't wait to try it out. Their site says I should get it on Wednesday. I wasn't sure which type of diaper I was going to try out next with my giftcards, but I decided to try the Bummis one because it was rated all around best cloth diaper by Babble! I will see when it comes if I am as in love with it as they are.


*~*Sites or companies mentioned in my blog*~*
www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyLeoMom
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/
http://www.gdiapers.com/
http://www.happyheinys.com/
http://www.bummis.com/

Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment